Friday, August 24, 2007

Swallow that Pride

DS just received a call from his former employer. He was fired earlier this summer because he was unable to keep up with cooking/cleaning solo. They want him back to bus tables, which is good money. He refused on the grounds that he wouldn't work for someone who fired him for some bullcrap reason. Too much pride. While I understand how hard it would be--I would never want to work for the place that fired me ever again--I also think it's foolishness. I hated the job I was fired from; DS really like it. I think he's just too embarassed to go back.

I have an Emotional Eating Homework assignment, blech. I read over the questions and couldn't come up with a single answer. I just drew a blank. My goal is to work on one question a day, just ruminating over it and trying to find an answer. The truth is I don't know if I really am an emotional eater. Stress, yes, but 'emotional' I dunno.

No comments: