Sunday, August 05, 2007

Money update

I'm starting to think about Christmas shopping too. We've managed to get the kids' school supplies, and 2/3 of the boys now have school clothes. I have a couple of birthday presents for two of my nephews, and I figure if I get the rest in the next 4-6 weeks, I can be done with all the birthdays and Christmas stuff on that side of the family by the end of September. Sweetums' father/stepmom is done too. This leaves the boys, sweetums, and my MIL. I would love it if we could go shopping together for the boys, just the two of us.

Sweetums managed to replace his MP3 player, I put $1,000 from his mom into savings, he has his spending/gas for the next two weeks, plus the boys got there clothes. We STILL have $800 for the next two weeks for bills/food/my gas. I'm shocked! Pleasantly so, and plan on paying a few more bills before we spend it on something we don't need to. The Discover bill went up AGAIN, something we will need to address very soon, but first things first, the mustang, insurance, and another $500-600 on Capital One this month.

I know that our 'belt' will be loosened if we can just get these credit cards paid off--and keep them paid off. I'd love to stuff away 4-5,000 in savings for a car fund. I know these things are do-able, but it takes a lot of discipline. It gets frustrating being poor all the time.

No comments: