Saturday, August 04, 2007

Sore Feet

That's about all I got out of today. After waking up to a rude, thoughtless radish, I had a lovely breakfast on the deck with sweetums (is that better than stud?) where he suggested we go to the mall. This is where I made the first mistake. I said "Let's take DS and give them their $150 for school clothing" Sweetums agreed, therefore, he's just as responsible. Mistake number two happened when I suggested we bring the 18 year old for the same purpose. Again, sweetums does not get off scott free. He agreed. Mistake number three was not long in coming, as the radish was just not being cooperative, and I lost my temper over his stupid work hat. He had one on his head, which wasn't good enough and the two lying in the hall were hidden in plain sight.

After dropping him off at work, we had a lovely run in with one of Wisconsin's finest rednecks. I think he was feeling a little insecure without his truck nuts for decoration. Redneck (with the mullet in a ponytail, must be a special occasion) had his wife, who had this hairdo. I'm pretty sure she had on a concert t-shirt and make-up appeared to be leftover from last night's beer fest. The image that came to my mind was Adam Sandler's skanky ex in the Wedding Singer. This lovely couple was kind enough to bring their children with them, who were able to bear witness to Redneck Public Behavior 101. Best to show them how to be a prick early on. This idiot was sitting about 3 carelengths into the drive through of the bank, waiting for next car to leave. Most people would just pull up behind a car and hope they were lucky enough to pick the quickest lane. I had no problem just waiting behind him, until two cars behind me seemed to have trouble getting through. So I picked a lane, which was very unacceptable to said Redneck.

He proceeded to pull up the lane next to me, stop his vehicle short of the now-clear lane (I must have been punished for 'cutting' in line) and stare at me. He rolled down his window and made a snotty comment. Sweetums encouraged him to get on with his business in a kill with kindess voice. Redneck makes a nasty comment, I said he was setting a wonderful example for his kids. Sweetums repeated this in case he couldn't hear me and he invited sweetums to come to his truck and say that. Of course, sweetums didn't think that was necessary, to which lovely Redneck repeated the offer.

I rolled up the window since my lane was now clear and we did our business. As the Rednecks were leaving, sweetums waved and their kid waved back. That made the whole stupid, retarded non-confrontation funny. Da wife apparently didn't think so and Redneck stopped short and waited for us...oooooo...it was so scary. NOT. If he had waited after we left I would have called 911.

The boys decided on MOA for their mall, which turned into mistake number 4. It took almost a full 1/2 hour to get into the parking ramp and park. Mistake number 5 was that I was wearing a long sleeved shirt, it was packed and so hot in some of the stores I had a hard time breathing--probably had something to do with crowds too. Mistake number six was that I was expecting our regular mall, for which my Dankso sandals would have been fine. At MOA, they were not, and the balls of my feet were so sore by the end of the day. The good news is the arches in the Danskos are so wonderful that I didn't have any tendonitis troubles at all.

Looking on the bright side, I did have time alone with sweetums, desparately needed time. We've been 'missing' each other so much lately. Living in the same house, but too busy to spend a lot of time together. We both know that the next year was going to probably be the hardest, while I finish school, start to work, and we still have kids in the house. Hopefully, next summer sweetums will be home full time, the 18 year old will be out of the house, DS will have his driver's license, and the radish will be working closer to home--that'll require either no driving on my part or just a few miles instead of 18 one way.

I go back and forth with wanting to stay busy, and when I get too busy I long for the quiet. If I have too much quiet I want to be busier. The day I find the balance will be a day to celebrate.

No comments: