Wednesday, August 29, 2007

I'm loving being back in school, after only two days. The workload is going to be high, and a lot depends on my ability to be good at time management. Despite the fact that we've had a few rough weeks, my spirits continue to lift as the beginning of school for the boys gets closer and closer. The regular schedule for me and the boys is such a positive force. I'm able to exercise better, eat better, and the regular interactions with people outside the house provides much needed stimulation. The variety is a good thing.

One thing that I've been disappointed in is the lack of welcome I seemed to receive from my classmates. I know I have a tendancy to be somewhat reserved, but I thought I was at least friendly to everyone. The lack of friendliness back was a bit hurtful, and I guess I'll just have to wait and see how things unfold. I know I'm not the only on in this position, the girl next to me was experiencing the same thing. My comment to her was "I guess we didn't get the secret password". She laughed and we chatted. Hopefully, the ice will be broken when we start clinicals tomorrow.

One girl had commented that we seem to have a lot of strong personalities in my clinical group, and she specificlly mentioned me. While I know I have a strong personality, I didn't think that was a bad thing. I guess that's something I'll have to watch too. We have another adjunct teacher for this first clinical, also from the other campus just like my summer teacher. So another unknown but both of my theory classes were unknowns too. So far, I've had a really good feeling from both of them. The best news? Only ONE comprehensive final.

No comments: