Monday, August 20, 2007

The 18 year old has been hounding me to take him to get job applications. Of course I'm going to do it, but the feeling that I have to do more work than he does is getting to me. I'm going to have to think of something to restore the balance. He NEEDS to know that his free ride is over. If he quit/got fired from a job when he was living on his own he'd be facing eviction from his apartment, cut off of utilities, cut off of phone, no gas to get back and forth to get another job. This afternoon we went and picked up an application for a factory job. When I mentioned I wouldn't be able to get him back and forth all the time because of class, he panicked. How was he going to get to work? They'd never hire him if he could only work two days a week.

I don't know how he's figuring 2 days, since they work M-F, and there are four days when I won't be able to get him there by three. School doesn't let out until 3:15! A discussion about how I was his personal assistant ensued (thanks to Nancy Spoolstra's ideas) and he made an off hand comment about he'd pay me with Monopoly money. I guess he's planning on working for one of the railroads, or if he's really lucky for a hotel on Park Place.

DS's bmom pissed me off because she refused to bring him home. WTF? She wants to see him, and under the circumstances of DS's placement and adoption she really doesn't have a right to see him at all. DS wants it on a limited basis and that's the only reason why she gets to see him. I also think his sleepovers are out of guilt; he's made friends in the area and spends more time with them than with her. Unless, of course, she plans an activity such as a movie.

And then we have the RADish. He was in rare form tonight. He didn't know what to do with a lot of our responses, we gave him the chance to vent, scream, holler, and get everything off his chest. All the frustrations he was feeling, he had the chance to dump. Nope, nadda. He kept trying to go back to his same old arguements. We tried to leave things on a good note, something we didn't know how to do with the Big D. To top everything off, his therapist quit and so he did a discharge summary on him. The therapist told me "he's doing pretty well now anyway...." Um, NO! Although I can't really talk to him since we don't have a release signed by his biomom. I don't know who to direct more of my anger at: his social worker or his biomom.

Therapy for me is actually tomorrow. Good thing too because there was way too much going on today. My task was to think of alternatives to binging, so...here they are:

1. Take a bath
2. Take a nap
3. Puzzle games
4. watch tv
5. snuggle my puppy. I love rubbing his soft ears
6. exercise
7. snuggle beloved
8.
9.
10

1 comment:

HMECDM said...

8. Read a Book
9. Go get some Coffee