Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Countdown

I have three weeks until school starts. I'm excited, but nervous. A classmate didn't pass summer clinicals. She's so upset, understandable so and she warned me about several classmates. I know she's right about those classmates. I saw some questionable behavior earlier in the semester and I wish I would have said something to one of our teachers. It also made me regret a decision to 'let it go' with another classmate, someone I don't care for at all. She's a real pain and from day one I saw things that bothered me, both procedural (she wants to do things 'her way' aka: I washed my hands so I can handle client's meds with my bare hands) and she'll lie about doing stuff like that. Not one of these classmates will hesitate to sell me out if they are threatened. So it's every student for herself and CYA as much as possible.

I think the classmate that flunked clinicals made a big mistake, one that I have made numerous times in the past, and one that cost me a job. Although in hindsight, I'm glad I got fired, at the time I was very supset and felt I had been seriously wronged. As time as passed, the biggest lesson learned was that I assumed others had everyone's best interest in mind, which is what I try to do. That's simply not true. The type of people who will watch your back are rare, and when their own positions are compromised most people will gladly betray a friend to save their own behind.

A day in my life:
-No clothes on the bathroom floor
-Close the shower curtain so it dries
-Don't use the laundry room floor to store clean/dirty clothing--be respectful of the other people who need to use it.
-Keep the laundry room door closed so the rest of the house doesn't get dusty
-Keep the toilet seat down
-Hang up your towels so they don't get musty/skanky
-Ring out your washrags, so they don't get skanky and musty smelling.
-Put your shoes away
-close the cupboards after you taking something out
-TURN DOWN THE TV!!!
-Close the basement door so the dogs don't eat the cat food/cat turds.
-You CAN eat food from the garden, it doesn't have bugs in it.
-Don't pull apples off the trees and have a fight
-Don't unplug the camera in the basement
-Don't eat all the cheese

The response to these things are "You never told us this"

2 comments:

HMECDM said...

The correct response is:
"Yes, mam"

Sunny said...

darn tootin' that's the right response