Thursday, August 06, 2009

Slug

I have been a slug all day. Called in sick to work, but not until 5am. I'm supposed to give 4 hours notice, but no one calls for replacements at 2am...had I really been thinking, I would have called last night when I got home from job number 2.

Complication: I have a resident at job #1 who is related to my client at job #2. They knew at #2 that I wasn't feeling well, had bronchitis, but of course I know they'll know that I called in to #1. I'm supposed to go to #2 tomorrow.

I'll be a slug, again. It sucks. My family is going to be here by around 7pm, and they I'm "on" for the weekend. I'm somewhat placated by the fact that I'm getting paid all weekend, I'm using some vacation hours for this family vacation. I tried to get the house in decent shape, still a few things left to do, but I did the best I could considering how dragged out I feel.

This has been a rough summer for me health wise, but DAMN this one bites big time. My ribs are sore from coughing. I hope they leave early enough on Monday so I can spend the day recovering.

I do like that I will be away from job #1 for 8 days. I do wish family was coming when I felt better. I wish I felt less like a slug and more like myself. I don't know that that's supposed to feel like anymore because I've felt so crappy for so long. Whole damn summer.

One great big whine. Just can't help myself.

Ex-foster son stopped over for a bit, he's exactly the same. Tried to be kind/polite and ends up coming across like Eddie Haskel. I know he's up to no good with DS. I'm just hoping they won't get caught doing anything that I'd hate to speculate about. As a slug, I just don't think I could cope with that tonight.

Here's hoping tomorrow I feel better. Praying to God.

No comments: