Thursday, May 24, 2007

I'm back

I had trouble for a while remembering that my thoughts and feelings were valid, and avoided coming here out of embarrassment. Seeing my own thoughts and feelings reflected was hurtful. In the process, I also missed some valuable feedback, how sad for me! Since last summer, I've made huge strides in processing my anger, letting go of those things that were hurting me, expressing my feelings in real life in a much healthier way, and *GULP* facing my eating disorder. I'm a binge/compulsive eater, also classified as "ED, NOS". Eating disorder not otherwise classified.

That's me, that's who I am, that's who I've become.

I'm seeking treatment through the Emily Program, and it's been a relief. The first few times I went their I was sure everyone in the building knew why I was there. I felt like there was a giant sign on my back that said "This chick needs help". However, I found the atmosphere welcoming and non-judgemental. As usual, the judgements were all my own.

No comments: