Saturday, May 26, 2007

24 Hour Binge

For the past 24 hours, I went on a binge. After feeling ike complete and total crap physically, I think I might have pinpointed what happened. Friday, DH and I had a date night planned. My MIL came and stayed with the boys, and we took off for a night away. We checked into our hotel, and I realized I hadn't had anything to eat since breakfast. DH wanted to go to Red Lobster. When we got there, I even told him "I'm feeling a little bingey". Why? I think was habit. In the past, I've often "min/maxed" my weight watchers points for a little more freedom when we'd go out to eat. So that was my mentality. There was a strange sense of "freedom", as if I'd given myself permission to cheat.
I now realize that I'm still fighting diet mentality. After dinner, we went to a movie, then went back to the hotel where we ordered a pizza. The idea was that it would be our post sex snack. I ended up eating a piece before the lovin' just because it was there.
Today was our twice a month Chinese take out night, and I did okay, but I really wasnt' hungry. I eat just because I didn't want to get too hungry and continue the binge mentality. Physically, I'm feeling pretty yucky yet, although I did get outside and mowed the lawn. I just needed to move around.
I am going to log all of this in Fitday, it's just information, and that is a victory. In my weight watchers days I'd avoid logging my binges. I never wanted that staring me in the face.

No comments: