Tuesday, September 02, 2008

memories

Lately a lot of old memories have been popping into my mind, at seemingly random times. Tonight I was remembering how when a new child would come into our home, DS would give them the tour of the house. He would tell new kids "no matter what, you can always knock on their bedroom door, it's really okay". That warmed my heart to hear him say that because it meant he knew that too.

With all the turmoil/teen angst this past year, I haven't been doing a lot besides look forward to the day he turns 18. I've realized what a nasty attitude that is, and have been praying "Lord change my heart".

It seems like remembering better times is how my heart is being changed.

I remember him weeding beside me in the garden, proud.

I remember him sitting on beloved's lap in long johns, on Christmas day.

I remember family dinners, with Sting on the stereo.

I remember asking the kids "What are you grateful to God for today?" DS usually replied "recess" or "school's done".

I remember them being pleasant to be around.

I miss that.

No comments: