Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Get a life!

This morning I wake up 'early' for me, which is actually late for most, around 9 am. I wake up to find el chupacabra in front of the tv, with a mess in the house, and he's asking me if I want muffins. It's like a little bit of sand in my shoe.

I'm frustrated. I find this child to be so annoying, I debated going back up to my room and staying in bed. It wouldn't be the first time.

I can't change him, I can only survive him at this point. Unlike DS, I don't have any family building memories with him. He's a very effective RADish.

I don't want to be bullied by him into being miserable. I'm watching "The Pursuit of Happyness" and there's a line that says "How did they know to put that line in the declaration of independence, that line about the pursuit of happiness...is it something you can only pursue because you can never catch it?"

Then I'm back to what Beloved says, Happiness is a decision. It's hard when 50% of the family has firmly decided they will not be happy. No, not hard, virtually impossible.

Lord, change my heart.

1 comment:

HMECDM said...

He sucks!
I am so glad he was confined to his room. I don't think I could have allowed him to live should I have been afflicted with his crap all day.

I "loved" calling him in sick.

It was like I was able to talk to someone else about the problem. Even if I was creating problems for someone else, I still felt heard.

Nothing like feeling heard.