Monday, September 28, 2009

September Rambling

September is almost gone. Despite my decision to try and write almost every day for my own mental health, the time is slipping by. I do think I have a good excuse or three. A nasty allergic reaction to an antibiotic kept me down for almost a week. A bout with c-dif that went untreated for about a week prior to that. An infection due to a propable m/c prior to that. Between being a hell mess and the long work hours, I wasn't finding myself able to think very many coherent thoughts.

Once the hives settled down and I allowed myself another day or rest, I found myself pretty stir crazy and I realized I'm getting use to running at this crazy pace. Strangely, with beloved gone more, I'm able to get more done. I have no idea why. Here I sit, contemplating having a margarita or a glass of wine, content that I made a to do list and got almost everything on it done. I'm so good with a list.

So with September almost gone, that means I'm the mom of an 18 year old, who proudly sports a brand new tatto. I'm the Auntie to a 2 year old, celebrated my 11th wedding anniversary, wished my sister a happy 41st birthday, and my niece a happy 8th birthday. My favorite time of year has started, and I'm energized by it.

September also brings my Great Aunt's 99th birthday. My second cousin's 12 year old was also diagnosed with ALL, and my work friend's dad with an aggressive form of cancer. The circle of life is well represented this month.

Tomorrow's list: Birthday presents, birthday cards, a bit of yard work of the weather holds.

No comments: